This article contains best practices for migrating to or from OpenText on Premise.
Note: LinkFixer Advanced has been tested to work with OpenText 10.5 and above. Earlier OpenText content server versions may or may not work with LinkFixer.
1. LinkFixer Advanced machine/server
Ensure the machine LinkFixer Advanced is installed on, meets the minimum system requirements.
The above article includes:
- Hardware requirements
- Software requirements
- Microsoft SQL database requirements
- System permissions
- For OpenText, the account used should have READ, WRITE, and MODIFY permissions.
2. OpenText Content Server
- Ensure the OpenText Content Server has at least around 4-8 CPUs and 8GB RAM and above.
- The OpenText Content Server should have a high thread count, greater than 2 or 3.
- The LinkFixer server and OpenText content server should have the same time and time zone.
3. Adding the OpenText Content Server in LinkFixer Advanced
- Ensure we are connecting directly to the Content Server, bypassing any load balancer.
4. Enable the MIME type setting in LinkFixer Advanced.
5. Custom OpenText URLs
Please run initial scans and reach out to LinkFixer support by sending a support ticket or emailing Support@LinkTek.com for a representative to assist you on creating custom OpenText URLs.
2. Please include the LinkFixer Advanced logs and reports, via the support ticket feature, as well as the OpenText logs.