Adding multiple SharePoint on premise or SharePoint Online sites becomes a tedious process past the first few entries. LinkFixer Advanced now has the ability to bulk import SharePoint sites or site collections via the "Import" feature under "Network Locations."
How to bulk import multiple SharePoint sites/site collections:
1. Go to the "hamburger" menu on the top left
2. Go to "Network Locations"
3. Under "Network Locations," both the "Import" and the "Export" options are available.
4. You have the option of adding one or two SharePoint on premise and/or SharePoint Online sites/site collections, then the ability to export the mapped sites/site collections into a CSV file.
- Map a SharePoint site - How to add a new SharePoint site to LinkFixer Advanced
- Click "Export" on the top mid-right hand corner of the Network Locations page.
- Export the current SharePoint sites as a CSV file and store it somewhere accessible
- Open the CSV file in MS Excel
- Enter fields as necessary - Sample CSV Import list:
- Column F - Enter SharePoint or OneDrive account user name.
- Column G - Enter password for account. Leave this field empty for except only when "UsernamePassword" is used for Column E.
- Column H - Set to "True" only when "UsernamePassword" is used for Column E. Set to "False" for all other authentication values.
- Column I - Leave as is. This is the hash for the authentication, which is only available when an already authenticated account or set of accounts are exported to a CSV file.
f. Save and close the CSV SharePoint site/site collection list
g. Import the CSV file by clicking "Import"
h. Wait for all SharePoint sites to connect.
Note: For SharePoint Online sites/site collections using the "Office 365" or "Office 365 with admin consent" authentication, a SharePoint login dialog box will appear asking for the account password.
5. How to add multiple SharePoint Online/OneDrive accounts to mitigate throttling.
Note: This only applies to SharePoint Online and OneDrive.
a. In the same CSV, add an extra row under the SharePoint Online/OneDrive site that we want to add an additional account to.
b. Only fill out columns E, F, G, and H, leaving all the other fields empty.
c. Add as many additional columns, following item 5.b, with each column with its own unique account.