While the performance of the program can vary depending upon the computing environment in which it is run, there are several performance tips that can be used to ensure that LinkFixer Advanced will operate as efficiently as possible:
- Ensure the Windows system that LinkFixer Advanced is installed on has a virtual memory space defined with a minimum of at least 4 GB.
- Install LinkFixer Advanced on a machine that has a multi-core processor. LinkFixer Advanced will automatically process files using multi-processing, based on the number of available processors.
- Point LinkFixer Advanced to your Microsoft SQL server database instead of the SQLite database that comes with LinkFixer Advanced.
- Install and run LinkFixer Advanced on the Windows server where the files are located, to allow local file access instead of slower network file access.
- Define a parent file filter in LinkFixer Advanced to include only needed files to be processed, such as “*.doc;*.xls” if only Word and Excel files need to be processed, versus “*.*” that would include all licensed types of files.
- If possible, don’t run other applications at the same time as LinkFixer Advanced. While it will work just fine with other applications running, the more applications you have running at the same time, the more this will slow your processing and increase the time it takes for LinkFixer Advanced to complete its work.
- Disable Content Approval in SharePoint prior to running LinkFixer Advanced, and then re-enable Content Approval after the processing is complete.