How to Map SharePoint Online?
Requirements - Microsoft SharePoint
SharePoint Versions: 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, SharePoint Online
SharePoint Permissions: Base Site Owner.
SharePoint Modules: Web Services must be enabled and web services access to SharePoint must not be blocked or disabled by any firewall, proxy or security software or settings. Please confirm this point with your Network Administrator or SharePoint Administrator.
Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Server 2008, Server 2012.
1. Open IE browser > Settings > Internet Options > In security tab = Add Trusted site "https://*.sharepoint.com <https://*.sharepoint.com/> " > Custom Level > Check the "Automatic logon with current username and password" option
2. Open IE browser > Settings > Internet Options > In security tab = Add Intranet site "http://*.sharepoint.com <http://*.sharepoint.com/> " > Custom Level > Check the "Automatic logon with current username and password" option
3. Open IE browser > Settings > Internet Options > In security tab > Internet = Custom Level > Check the "Automatic logon with current username and password" option
4. In Settings > Compatibility view settings > Add "*.sharepoint.com"
5. Close the Browser
6. In RUN > Services.msc > Searched for WebClient services > Stopped the service > switch to Automatic > Restart the service
7. Login to SharePoint Online using your email address in Internet Explorer and check the "keep me signed in" option
8. Navigate to the site collection from the SharePoint Admin center.
9. Copy the location (URL of the Site collection). For example https://linktek.sharepoint.com or https://linktek.sharepoint.com/sites/AlbertTestSite as you can see from the image below.
10. Right click on This PC > map network drive.
11. Select a Drive letter> Type in the link to SharePoint Online (https://company.sharepoint.com) or the specific site collection> check Reconnect at sigh-in and Connect using different credential check boxes> and hit Finish.
12. You will be asked to connect to your SharePoint Site. Just type in the username and password used to login in Internet Explorer and hit OK.
13. You should be able to navigate your files using the mapped drive.
Your password should not contain any characters that are reserved XML characters ( < > ' " & ). It will cause a problem.
Map SharePoint Online, log-in to Internet Explorer and authenticate in LinkFixer Advanced using the same email address.
Remember that all files you migrate into SharePoint — using LinkFixer Advanced or any other method — must be placed within an already-existing SharePoint library. Note that simply creating a new directory (via Window Explorer) in the root directory of SharePoint is not sufficient. New SharePoint libraries can only be created through the SharePoint web browser interface. After a new library is created through the browser interface, it will also be available through the Windows Explorer interface and accessible to LinkFixer Advanced. Any folders and files that are placed into a directory in SharePoint that is not a library will not be accessible to users through the SharePoint web browser interface.